If you know me, you most likely know my husband. What you may not know is all the reasons why I’m so thankful that God brought him into my life to be my husband. There are thousands, but here are 50 of my favorites.
- He loves God more than he loves me.
- He is my best friend.
- He walks our dogs twice a day, rain or shine.
- He is an excellent preacher.
- He doesn’t mind buying almost all of our clothes at Goodwill, because he knows he’s making an investment in others.
- He tells great stories.
- He’s not afraid to lead a controversial discussion, but never loses his cool or becomes offended.
- He participates in my not-always successful plans for Saturday adventures.
- He wears sunscreen, which is my favorite scent.
- He fully supports my frugality, but allows me to splurge on the rare occasions that I want to.
- He loves to learn about just about anything, but most of all, other people.
- There is no such thing as “women’s work” when it comes to household chores, because he realizes work is work, whether at home or in the office.
- He laughs at my jokes.
- He’s great at opening jars and killing spiders.
- He is an extremely hard worker, but never feels the need to let on how much he really works.
- He’s great at math. Some people can do math, and others think mathematically. He’s the latter.
- He’s not afraid to laugh at himself.
- He never pushes me to move on until I am ready.
- He can figure out how to do just about anything, and isn’t afraid to try.
- He makes me feel important.
- When I feel like I’m a horrible person, he reminds me that I’m not.
- He has done a fantastic job teaching in our program this semester, and has come to love and appreciate the students as much as I do.
- He is an excellent writer.
- He lets me read to him on road trips to make the ride easier on us both.
- He can single-handedly maintain order with 80 middle schoolers, and even have fun in the process.
- He threw me a re-wedding for our 6th anniversary, because our first wedding was surrounded by darkness and controversy, because every girl should have one day of bliss in her life.
- He supports my interest in hockey, but understands when I’ve had enough.
- He is never harder on me than I am on myself.
- He’s great at grilling.
- He never makes a big decision without me.
- He is a wonderful artist.
- He treasures our marriage and is careful avoid all appearances of impropriety.
- He is always kind to wait staff and tips generously.
- He’s never complained about the changes he’s had to make because of my allergies.
- He makes great coffee.
- He compliments me in front of others.
- He finds other people to watch shoot-em-up movies with.
- He is better at ironing than I am.
- One of his favorite groups is senior adults and he loves spending time with them.
- He doesn’t see our jobs as “his job” and “my job,” but as “our jobs” so that we can help each other out when needed.
- He gives me permission to not be perfect.
- He can name almost all of the stars in the sky, and tell stories about where they are and how they got their names.
- He left his country to marry me.
- He never complains about how much I work, or how much I blog.
- He clips coupons, and helps me with complicated shopping orders. Willingly.
- He’s the best parallel parker I have ever seen. First try. Six inches from the curb. Straight.
- We work very well together as a team.
- He cares about the cause of the poor, fatherless, and widows, and leads others to care about them too.
- His biggest weakness is for ice cream.
- His biggest strength is Jesus inside of him.
And those are just a start . . .
6 thoughts on “50 Reasons Why I Love My Husband”
What a BEAUTIFUL tribute! You 2 must write some books. I’d buy a copy of each!
Love this list, Robin. Ken is a keeper for sure, and I think you two make am amazing team! 😀
All I can say is AMEN! 🙂
This made me smile!
You two are so complimentary of each other that even though I haven’t known you an extremely long time I think I knew all of these except for numbers 42 and 46. I’m sure working in the office with Ken has put me on the fast-track but I absolutely have not used number 14 enough 🙂 I love you both and love this list. I celebrate your Godly marriage and love number 1 the most. I often tell my girls that whomever they let into there life should meet that criteria first. Your kids are so lucky!
Beautiful. What a blessing you are. #1 is my prayer.